Quantitative managers are highlighted in this seminar. Investors will have an opportunity to learn about various quant approaches and meet managers they may not be familiar with. Critical issues relating to the specific strategy will be discussed.
Panel Discussion: Quantitative Issues
Topics discussed include:
- Sorting out the buzzwords. What is quant? How does it relate to or differ from AI? Systematic trading? high frequency trading?
- Where do trading ideas come from: team or machines?
- How do quant approaches perform during an equity market meltdown?
- Should quant techniques be paired with discretionary override in case of unusual circumstances?
- What are the best statistical measures for assessing risk in a quant strategy?
Each manager presents an overview of his strategy and approach.
Frank Lortscher, Subset Capital
Richard Oberuc, Chapoquoit Dynamic
Ambrose Paxson, Global Sigma Group
Philip Simotas, ROW Asset Management
John “Morgan” Slade, CloudQuant
Thomas Zucosky, Discovery Capital (Moderator)